Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A wonderful gift

Last night there was a knock on our door.  We welcomed in Ed Johnson and his son, Cameron.  He didn't stay long.  He was only here to loan me a DVD that I had asked about.  It was the DVD of the last year's Christmas activities.  Linda and I watched it until it was over around midnight.  We both were awed.  It was wonderful watching and listening to people we knew singing and reading together.  We saw four very special children playing a song with the bells.  What a blessing!  We laughed with the ones who were putting on the show in their pajamas.  And then that tree.  I could not imagine the work that had to go into constructing that tree.  It was strong enough to hold David Williams at the top.  And the lights.  I assumed that they were computer driven but then it may have been Doug working his fingers to the bone changing the colors in sync with the music.  

 The music was the very best!

Isn't it good to be a part of a church that is small but still does productions that would compete with much larger churches.  Just think how good it will be when we win all the new members and get them active.  Think of all that has been given to this community and look forward to even more that we can give together. And as you have given to the least of these you have given unto Me. 

I look forward to the time when all churches will join together in the common cause of showing God's love as he has asked us to do.  Without quibbling!

I think I will start by telling you once again that I love you.  And I am proud of the things you are already doing.  And I will not see your warts.  Will you forgive mine?

      

No comments:

Post a Comment