Thursday, November 4, 2010

What do you think?

Linda and I just got back from Kentucky.  We were greeted by a lot of friends already but I still miss the ones in Kentucky.  The summer went by too fast for me.

We were first greeted by Clif.  He is leaving town to see some of his family but he stopped by here to give us our new study book for the 7:14 group.  It is on prayer.  I read a bit of it and it brought up some really good memories of an experience in my life.  Would you like to hear about it?  Well, if not, please quit reading now because I am about to share it. 

When I was around sixteen years old I wanted to talk to my dad about something. I don't remember now exactly what it was but I remember thinking at the time that it was very important.  It was sometime around income tax time so I knew he would be very busy if I went to his office.  But I went anyway.  When I got there it was what I had expected.  He was in his office surrounded by several busy looking people.  I was certain that he would be too busy to listen to me.  His secretary wasn't there at the moment so I peeped in to his office to see just how busy he was.  He saw me over the shoulders of the ones in there with him.  And this is what I remember his saying:  "Gentlemen, you must excuse me for a few minutes.  My son is standing outside the door and I think he wants to talk to me about something."  Then he stood up and walked to the door and came out to see what it was that I wanted.  I all of a sudden realized that I was more important to him than the business that he was conducting.  And I recall now what a wonderful dad he was.  I came first as far as he was concerned.  As I was reading the lesson for our group and recalled that story it dawned on me that that is the way our Heavenly Father is.  Whenever we want to talk to him he is ready to listen.  As hard as it is to imagine we are more important to him than we can ever believe.  And so now I talk to Him the same way I talked to my earthly dad.  And He listens. 

This blog is not meant to be a sermon but things I just wish to share. It is just that I like talking to God and think maybe you might enjoy it, too, if you don't already.

Tell someone you love them today.  I really believe that is what God really wants to hear from us.  And that is a good way to show our love for him as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment