Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back to Florida

Linda tells me that we are going back home to Florida next week.  I hope we get back in time to vote but I don't know now.  The truth is, however, I am not ready to leave Kentucky.  This has been a fast summer with too much to do and I don't feel like I am through yet.  I enjoy it here.  This is the place where I grew up and still call home even after living in Florida for forty years.  But Linda keeps reminding me that we have many friends in Florida as well so I should be glad we are about to return there.

That got me thinking about friends at both places.  Each one has at least one special quality. This morning while at the liar's club I glanced around the room and stopped at each friend there.  Roy always has a cute story to tell.  Jerry laughs a lot and told everyone there that they should buy a meal ticket from me for our church's chicken dinner this weekend.  John Ray just sits there smiling at all the things he hears others say.  John Freeman was especially happy about something but I could not hear what he was talking about so I can't share that with you.  I went home feeling good.  A lot of fine people there every day.  Maybe one of them should run for president.

When we get back to Florida there will be a similar group to visit with.  Bob the builder will be telling me about his latest pieces of furniture he has built.  Jack will show me the latest things he has added to his wood working shop that he created after he retired.  Charley will maybe want me to go fishing with him.  I hope so.  That is one of my favorite enjoyments.  Barb, Dee, and Shirley will greet us with hugs and smiles that I really enjoy. We will all get together and sip a bit of wine and tell stories of our summer experiences. 

There is the 7:14 group, too.  That is our fellowship group that meets once a week to study and discuss things that we think are important.  We seldom agree on everything but we have remained friends for over fifteen years.  In case you are wondering the 7:14 comes from II Chronicles in the Old Testament.  Read it. You may enjoy it, too.

Then there is our church choir.  I have been with them for over thirty-five years and they still are not aware that I am unable to sing.  I just like the people there.  I did sing a solo once, however.  It was two words long.  I was a hit, or at least that is what I told everybody.

I will miss Kentucky and I will be glad to see Florida. And I want to go to Japan to see my beautiful great niece whom I have never seen other than pictures.  One life is not long enough, is it?  I think I will just continue to love everyone I meet.  Who knows?  I might make another friend.  Let's all spread lots of love.  Its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment