Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Two more days

Yesterday Linda and I met with two old friends for breakfast.  We had not seen them for a long time.  We ate breakfast and chatted.  We chatted for a long, long time.  We had a lot of catching up to do. When we finally left the restaurant folks were grateful.  You see, it was lunch time already. Doesn't that sound like a fine day?  It was for me. 

Tom and Donna live in Georgia now.  And we found out that last year we almost lost Tom.  He has gone through a lot but today he looks young again.  Donna still has that smile that everybody loves.  We learned all about their children and we made them listen to all about ours, too.  We laughed to the point that all of the other guests at the restaurant were concerned about our sanity.  But we didn't care.  It was a special day.  I sincerely hope that we never reach the time in our lives that we do not enjoy old friendships.  They didn't make fun of me because I couldn't see well or hear well .  Then it became clear to me that that is how old friends treat each other.  There were no warts seen at our table.

That is all I wanted to share today.  It is still two days before my DSL is on another line so I must type fast.  That is hard to do with two fingers.  But before I go I have a request for you.  Today call a friend you haven't seen in a long while and renew that friendship.  I can guarantee that you will be happier.  I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment