Friday, January 14, 2011

A Happy Group - 714

Last night was Betty's birthday.  She is eighty-six.  I don't think I will make it that long.  But she did and we all celebrated with her.  Being a Thursday our 7:14 group normally meets anyway so we decided to make it a birthday party.  Linda fixed three kinds of soup and other good eats and Shirley brought her great cole slaw.  We had cornbread and finished with a Coca Cola cake or, if you were fat, you could choose a sugar free (almost) pudding.  After eating we gave Betty cards and then Linda had the floor.  She first gave us a test to see if we could name a hymn for different professions.  Shirley knew just about them all.  Then the big time!  Linda opened a very large poster board that had all sorts of pictures of Betty Boop.  And when you are eighty-six you can remember people like that.  We all laughed and fun was had by all.  Now don't tell me that small fellowship groups can't have a good time.  Next week we start on our new study.  It is about how to actually DO something.

We decided that the first thing we would DO was to take care of the name tags that should be used at our church.  Some are going to build a rack where the name tags will hang, and then from week to week we will keep them up to date.  A pretty good first step, don't you think?  Someone said that our next step should be to go to business places and clean their toilets.  I am having trouble getting excited about that.  I did that while I was in the Navy and never did get a good feel for it.  It is going to be interesting to see what the next DO is going to be.  Maybe we will take out the garbage for old people or something else exciting. If you would like to join us in our DO efforts let me know and I will be glad to direct you to the proper place to join.

I just read this blog spot and it is really dull, isn't it?  I think I will quit and be back tomorrow.  Please don't judge all of my blogs by this one.

Still love you! 

FYI:  my email address is now wilkinswilliam@comcast.net  Try it. I will be glad to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment