Friday, December 10, 2010

My Apology

If anyone has wondered why I have not written anything in a while it is because my DSL line suddenly quit.  I was in touch with four different tech support people and none seemed to be able to help.  They finally after four days agreed to send someone here to fix the problem.  He came and it worked for about an hour.  Now it goes off and on.  I am trying to complete this apology before it kicks off again.

I think I have figured it all out now.  My first call was answered by a man who said he was in Northern Indiana.  The second attempt was with a woman in the Philippines.  She said it was a dead modem and sent me a new one.  It didn't work.  The third was a young man in Alabama.  He talks just like I do.  He had about the same intellect, too.  He didn't have a clue as to what was the matter.  So he said that he would arrange for someone to come here and fix the whole problem.  He said that his engineer boss was going to call me within an hour and tell me when help would arrive.  After the second day had passed I decided that he wasn't going to call so I called again.  This time I got a woman in Louisiana.  She was about three watts.  She said that she could have someone here in about a week.  I threw a fit and told her that that was not O.K.  I asked to speak with her boss who actually came on the line.  She was about four watts.  I told her that I wanted someone here TODAY because I had waited long enough and if they were any kind of decent company they would take care of the situation NOW.  The guy showed up this afternoon, said he had it fixed, got into his truck and left.  It went out before he was out of sight.  Linda and I went to a show tonight and when we returned it was working.  So I have to be fast and get this done before it quits again.

Please be patient with me.  I don't get angry often.  I know they are all trying and times are hard right now.  So I forgive them one and all.  And I hope they don't get paid this month, the .........!

If it works tomorrow I will write something nice, so maybe we will all feel better.  I love you, whomever you are, and that includes the crazy people who work for AT&T.

No comments:

Post a Comment