Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Back in Florida

Well, we are back.  I have often wondered why it is that I enjoy returning either way.  Maybe it is the trials we face when we get to the other place.  We arrived here to find that for the third straight year we had no phone.  Linda called AT&T on her cell phone and the woman she talked to told her right away that our phone was working because her computer said so.  Linda said that that was strange because she was sitting right next to our phone and it did not ring when the help desk called.  After four days we had a tech man come and after an hour or so he said that it was a problem in the line and that he didn't fix those sort of things.  He called the office and they said that there would be another man here in two days.  He was.  And after several hours he said that the line to our house was shot but that he had fixed it.  But the phone still didn't work.  So he called the office and they said that there would be a third man here the next day ti fix the problem. He came and he fixed it.  Folks, I am really thrilled with the efficiency of AT&T.  Today I plan to talk with the AT&T people as well as Comcast to see where we can get the best deal.  But to tell the truth we are not expecting either to be very cooperative. I think that I will apply for a job with one of them.  It is obvious that you do not have to be very smart and laziness seems to be a prerequisite for working there.I think I may qualify.

I wanted to be nice to the people I talked to so I told one of them that I thought that she sounded so sweet to be so stupid.  I am sure I made her day.  And you thought I was a nice person, didn't you?  I can clear that up, too.  Just ask my wife.

I promise to behave when and if you come back tomorrow.  I am going to make a special effort to be kind to someone today.  Right now I am going in and thank Linda for the wonderful breakfast she cooked for me this morning.  Then I will give her a big hug and kiss and go on and feel guilty all the rest of the day.

I love you,too, whoever you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment