Sunday, September 26, 2010

Willy's Thoughts again

I was privileged to go with Linda and two of my very favorite other people to a flea market in Nashville yesterday.  God gave us the most beautiful day of the year for us to enjoy the time.  So what did I learn?  Well it became clear to me that when the weather is really beautiful people tend to treat each other better.  I have not seen that many smiles in a very long time.  I bought a pair of clip-on sun glasses, wore them for about an hour, leaned over to pick up something and they fell apart.  I went back to the lady I bought them from and showed them to her.  I fully expected her to accuse me of breaking  them but she did not.  She smiled as she opened another package and removed another pair of glasses.  She even apologized to me.  She took my glasses and put the snap-on lens on them.  She showed me how to fix them if it happened again.  And then she thanked me for buying them.  Her husband was there and he apologized as well.  These people will probably never realize just how good they made me feel by their simple act of kindness.  What a learning day!  I sincerely hope that I learned enough to follow suit.  Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment