Tuesday, February 26, 2013



S.O.B.
            It may be a strange name for a church group.  But don’t be quick to complain.  That is a group of men at the local Presbyterian Church at North Palm Beach, Florida who gather together once a month to spend a night cooking bar-b-q and other good foods for a dinner to support some good venture.  It is for men only except for once a year at Valentine’s Day when couples are invited. They work hard and it is almost impossible to overstate just how fine that experience is once every month.  They recruit the boy scouts to help serve and clean up, which they do with smiles and gusto.  They get speakers who almost everyone would be anxious to hear.  They play games and laugh together. The good time is one that many, many in this area await each month to be a part of. 
            I am one of those! Even though the food is always excellent the thing that draws me is the fellowship.  It isn’t even the church I normally attend and I really do not know most of the people there, however I am always impressed by the fellowship all seem to experience and enjoy.  The men in our home fellowship group do normally attend and we all feel blessed when we do.
            I said I don’t know many who are one of the S.O.B.’s but I do know one rather well.  His name is Bill Inman.  He married a girl Linda and I have known and loved since she was born.  As you might suspect he now has a wonderful family.  And his spare time is well spent.  He doesn’t look for accolades but I want to take this opportunity to publicly say, “Thank you, Bill along with all of your friends who make up the Sons of Bar-B-Q!”  You are doing a great service for our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment